Sunday, January 2, 2011

My First Bento!

Okay, after all the daydreaming of what I was going to put in my bento, this is what I came up with for my first time out. After compiling it all together, I must say...I have a lot of green. Here is a picture of what I did:



In the blue container I have cucumbers that I cut into fun flower shapes. Once I put them in the container, my mind started thinking about summer and how much I LOVE cucumbers and onions, so I decided to make that! I added some onions, flavored rice vinegar, and a splash of oil (to get my oil in for the day).

In the yellow container is crab meat (I already had opened and needed to use) on a bed of shredded cabbage. The pink container contains raspberry pomegranate vinegrette for the crab and cabbage (going to eat it like a salad).

In the green container is vanilla greek yogurt with a tablespoon of Lime curd to mix it up! (Planning on eating this for breakfast at work.)

In the purple container are honey roasted almonds for a snack and homemade granola to put on my yogurt. I found a recipe on the internet today for it! You make it in the microwave! Super easy and yummy!

Now, lids have been placed on appropriate containers. We'll see how the lunch holds up tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes!

I also discovered that I already had a bento-type lunch box here at the house already! I bought it this summer at one of our discount stores. I was busy cleaning and organizing this weekend and found it. Might use it for tomorrow's lunch. We'll see!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That looks super delicious! Excellent first try! Have fun making bentos, looks like you are on your way. -Stephanie www.bentofabulous.com

    ReplyDelete