Monday, January 24, 2011

Bento #11

If I haven't mentioned it before, I will say it again...I am really lovin' creating my bentos. It has helped me plan out my lunch and snacks for the next day at work. I am also eating healthier, with all the new fruits and veggies added into it. I know I am still learning my Bento Basics...but I LOVE IT!

Okay, here is lunch for tomorrow:



On the left: Grilled chicken w/feta cheese on a bed of lettuce. Raspberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette dressing, and strawberry fans.

On the right: Cherries, fresh pineapple (I found on sale for $1.98 for a whole pineapple! First time I've ever cut my own pineapple!) and edamame.

Creating a bento for myself has also added creativity to my sons' lunches. More so for my 5 year old than my 3 year old. I found some food markers at our local Walmart, so I purchased some and used them on my 5 year old's sandwich. He LOVED it! I did have to tell his friends that they were special FOOD markers, and NOT the markers they use in class!! HA! I would hate for some Kindergarteners to get sick because they colored on their bologna sandwiches with Crayola Markers!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, I love the strawberry fans :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your bentos are always so creative! I love looking at your blog for ideas.

    ReplyDelete