Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bento #19 and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

I didn't have a chance to post my bento for today last night, so here's what was my birthday lunch for today!




On the left: Turkey roll ups with some of my smiley face pics. (They're happy because it's my birthday!)
On the right: Babybell cheddar cheese, carrots, and a southwest ranch dressing for me to dip my turkey roll ups in.

Very good!

Now, I am blessed with some very awesome girlfriends in my life. I got to work today and had several presents on my desk...and I loved and appreciated them all! Some of them put a lot of thought into their gifts. (One of my closest friends made me a bucket FULL of my favorite Fiber one/Fiber plus bars and stuff. IT was HUGE!) My other favorite gift was this:



One of the bento cookbooks I wanted (The Just Bento Cookbook) and 4 egg molds!! I was SO excited, and touched, that my Thelma got me some bento goodies (and supported my new habit!).

SO, what did I do all day at work, you ask?! Well, look through my new bento cookbook and make myself a shopping list, of course! I made the pickled cucumbers and cabbage for tomorrow and the ham roll ups with cream cheese and carrots and green beans. I'll post a picture of them tomorrow, as the ham roll up had to chill overnight.

I also got a $30 gift certificate to Amazon.com from my sister. I'm going to get the Yum Yum Bento book and there's a bento box I'm eying on there. I'll post when I get them.

Have a great day! (I know I have!)

Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! The Just Bento cookbook is the BEST! I love it and have read it over and over! ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! So cool that you got bento supplies for your birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! I had a great day!

    ReplyDelete