Monday, July 4, 2011

Beat the Heat Summer Challenge!



SO...I joined a summer weight loss challenge called:  Beat the Heat Summer Challenge.  I saw a link for this on another blogger's site and joined it.  It begins today.  One of the requirements is that we post this on our blog, along with the goals and questions of the week.  I know this is my bento blog, but it's the only blog I have.  So, I hope you all indulge me and let me bother you once a week with this challenge.  Maybe you all would like to join in, too?  I'm sure it's not to late!  Click here and see!

Okay, so here are the goals/questions for week one:

1.  What are your goals for the 10 week challenge? 
2. Why did you pick those goals and what makes them important right now?
3.  Are you a planner or go with the flow?
4.  Tell us something to get to know you. 

I'll combine questions 1 and 2.  What are my goals for the 10 week challenge?  Why did I pick them and what makes them important right now? 


A.  Journal my food everyday.  I have recently joined Lose It!  and downloaded their app onto my phone.  I know when I journal my food, and keep a count of what I am eating, that I do much better in my weight loss endeavors.  I have really slacked on my journaling.  It's important because it will help me reach my goal.    


B.  Exercise at least 5 days a week, for a minimum of 30 minutes a day.  I chose this goal because this, with journaling, will help me.  I also am in the process of doing the Couch to 5K program, and that will help keep me on the right training schedule with it.

C.  Get in at least 6 glasses of water each day.  MAJOR problem for me.  I just don't drink enough water!  I know that, with the heat of the summer, and me running...water is important.  I REALLY need to work on this!

D.  Be in ONEderland by the end of this contest!  How awesome would that be?!  As of this morning, it's 12 pounds to achieve that goal?  12 pounds in 10 weeks?  It's doable.  I am going to MAKE IT HAPPEN!  :)


3.  Are you a planner or go with the flow?  I would say, overall, I'm a planner.  However, if something happens, I can easily bend and go with the flow.  But, I do like to plan things when possible.  (Maybe even plan for those mishaps!)

4.  Something to get to know me.  I'm 37, married for 14 years, mom of 3.  Loves:  her family, good friends, good food, good sales, good drinks, good music, and good times!  Since I have lost some weight, and can fit into MOST regular sized stores, I am ADDICTED to sundresses!  I LOVE THEM!  I'm not really a shorts wearer, so sundresses are my go-to summer attire.  Seems that every store I go to, they are what I look at immediately.   I would say I possibly need a sundress intervention...but, I just love them so much that I would not go for treatment!  Ha!
  

9 comments:

  1. Hey welcome to the challenge :D

    Love your goals, it's a great way to focus yourself. Onederland is in your grasp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your goals are attainable. Can't wait to watch your progress.
    Here’s my post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea...I may join this too. I think your goals are a great way to put you first! Congrats on your journey, can't wait to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a little unrequested advice; when people ar trying to start on a water-drinking habit, I always tell them the same: Start slow! I know a lot of people (me included) make the mistake of planting X (goal) amount of glasses of water in front of them and they force themselves to drink it. That will be depending on your memory, not your body needs. Start small with increasing your water intake by 1-2 glasses over a period of weeks, and let your body get used to it and the rest will be easy work as you will be drinking water not when you remember to, and not when you are dehydrated, but as your body needs it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the challenge!! I too find journaling my food intake to be so important!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! Good luck with the challenge! (And - gonna check out your archives and see your bentos! Something I'm intrigued by and would love to try some time!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I just got into regular sized clothes too and I can't keep my money in my pocketbook when it comes to dresses! We should start a dressaholics meeting hehehe.

    I just adore bento but haven't tried it on my own as of yet. Really looking forward to reading your blog as you accomplish your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sound like great goals to me!! Good luck, it will be a while before I look good in a sundress but theyre so stinkin cute it will be a great day when I buy one :0)

    ReplyDelete