Monday, March 14, 2011

Bento #26

Let's just call this bento, "Oh, crud!! It's Monday morning and I forgot to pack my lunch!" Not creative and thrown together. Here you go:




Top left: Grapefruit; Buffalo Blue Cheese dressing for the Chicken Nuggets
Top right: Edamame
Bottom left: Skinny Chicken Nuggets (will tell you more about these below)
Bottom right: Vegetable Stir-fry

So, I always like to keep my eyes open for different ways to get my protein in. While shopping the Chicken Nugget aisle for my kids, I come across this bag calling itself "Skinny Chicken Nuggets". Only 90 calories, .5 gram of fat, and 20 grams of protein for a serving (4 chicken nuggets). It also came with Buffalo or Barbecue sauces. Well, the package shows the nuggets slathered in sauce. I didn't think they came that way, but I was thinking "Nuggets", so they would be breaded like nuggets usually are. Much to my surprise when I opened them this morning, "Skinny Chicken Nuggets" are just grilled chicken chunks! I will say that they were very good and moist. I decided not to serve it with the sauces that came with them, as that would increase the calories and fat.

Overall, even though the meal was thrown together, it was still good.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Your "Oh, crud!" meal is so many times better than my "Oh, crud!" meals by a very long shot. Looks very very yummy. Very surprised about those 'nuggets' though. Never seen them un-breaded, but great choices for lowering cals!

    ReplyDelete