Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bento #48

Tomorrow's bento isn't made for me, but for my 10 year old daughter.  Sadly, this is a last minute, thrown together, bento.  Had she given me a little notice that she wanted me to make her a bento (this is THE FIRST I've ever made her!), it would have been an extra special one.  I am short all kinds of things and need to get to the grocery desperately, but won't be able to get there until Thursday.  So, I had to work with what we had.  I, at least, made her leave the kitchen, so the bento would be some sort of surprise for her when she opens it up tomorrow.   Here goes:


On the left:  I made turkey and cheese kabobs. I used turkey luncheon meat, string cheese, and cheddar cheese.  I cut the string cheese into "coins" and wrapped the turkey around them.  Then, I cut cheddar cheese into hearts ('cause I love her!).  Put them on my picks and....ta-da! 

On the right:  Fresh mixed berries, carrots, and Bacon Ranch dip

In the lunch bag:  Cherry jello and vanilla pudding.  (Not together!  HA!)

Like I said, I was running low on fun things to put in here.  (One reason why I wasn't making myself one.)  But, she saw me making the boys lunches and decided she wanted one, too.  Hope she likes it! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment