Monday, July 11, 2011

Beat the Heat Challenge Week 2


Some of you may remember that I  joined the Beat the Heat Summer Challenge.  It started July 4th and goes until Labor Day.  Forgotten?  Check out where I blogged about it here.  Well, we are now into week 2.  So, here goes:

Starting Weight:  212.8
Today's Weight:  210.4
Total Loss:  2.4 pounds

Goals for the contest: 

1.  Journal my food everyday
2.  Exercise for at least 5 days a week; minimum of 30 minutes
3.  6 glasses of water a day
4.  Be in ONEderland by the end of the challenge

Each week we are given some questions to answer and are encouraged to post a positive picture.  Here are the questions for this week:  

1.  What progress have you made on your goals?  My journaling and exercise for the week has ROCKED.  I journaled everyday, which is huge for me.  I usually forget to do that kind of thing on the weekends, which causes me to not eat on track.  Not this week!  I journaled all 7 days.  So proud of myself!  Exercise?  5 days this week.  
Water - still working on that one.  Did try to make an effort on choosing water, but I'm up to about 4 glasses a day.  That's okay...goals are made to work on and achieve.  Still working on it! 
Getting to ONEderland?  Down 2.4 this week!  Getting closer to it! 

2.  What did you do to make yourself feel fabulous?  Got myself a cut and then I colored my hair, thank you very much! I get such a boost when I walk out of the salon looking so sassy!  Nothing like a nice cut to make you feel good.  

3.  Did you have a moment in  your life where everything changed for you, an epiphany moment, or has it happened gradually?  A moment...picture...epiphany?  Here:  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right?  Well, it's also worth 297 pounds.  We had family pictures taken at the beach and I was standing in front of my family. Wait!  Here's the picture!  


 
YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE MY FAMILY!!!  Okay, so I know that's not entirely true, but it sure felt like that.  So, that's when I started to make some changes.  It's been 2 1/2 years and I'm only down 86 pounds.  But, I haven't given up and gained like in the past.  I'm closer to my goal weight than 86 pounds ago!  (Only 55 more to go.)  And, I'll get there.  May take me another year...but I'll do it! 

4.  What made you get involved with the Beat the Heat Challenge?  I read about it on anther blog and clicked on the link.  I needed something to push the motivation through the dog days of summer.  

5.  What is your favorite TV show at the moment?  Well, my FAVORITE show is Castle, but it's not on in the summer.  So, for the summer, my new favorite show is Switched at Birth on ABC Family.  

Positive Picture of the week: 


Remember last week I told you all how much I LOVE sundresses?  I took this of me today at work.  It's one of my favorite ones I have.  It's super comfy, but I dress it up for work with a little cardigan sweater.  (I always buy a black and a white cardigan sweater, just for dresses!)  

Have a great week, everyone!  


6 comments:

  1. Yay for the new cut and color!! And wow! 86lbs?? That's AWESOME! Super cute dress and you look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. only 86lbs?! thats incredible woman! Well done you are rocking the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say "only" because it's been 2 1/2 years. I feel like I should have done better. BUT, I did have to have back surgery suddenly last summer, and didn't exercise at all for 6 months (just maintained), so it's not all bad. My motivation ebbs and flows, you know? It's flowing right now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look totally fabulous!! You are rockin the hair, the sundress...the WHOLE SHABANG!

    Great job and very inspiring! thank you.

    Tori from A JOurney to a New Me.
    http://adayinthelifeoffredbird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me 4 years to lose 107 pounds, so be PROUD of your 86 pounds in 2.5 years! The bigger deal is you've kept it off, and you're still working on it - how awesome!

    Love the cute haircut too!

    ReplyDelete